GALS facilitation aims not only to teach diagram tools and skills, but to catalyse discussion, awareness and motivation ‘from within’ the participants themselves so that they own the change process and are able to facilitate themselves.
Key principles are:
- – start with visions and the positive
- – everyone can be a leader
- – action from Day 1
- – inclusion: everyone has a right to be listened to and respected
- – facilitation from the back
- – MAKE IT FUN!! or people will want to be paid to come back